Thursday, April 30, 2015

Update On My Rescued Philianopsis Orchid

Remember that orchid I rescued and then posted a video of me re-potting? Well here's an update on its progress.



This is a picture of my orchid when I first brought it home. I re-potted it in a video on a previous blog post. I've just been watering and feeding it once a week. It must be pretty happy because it's going to reward me soon with flowers!



This is three weeks after I re-potted

I trimmed off its dead flowers before re-potting it and a new spike is taking off from that first node. I have a pretty handy post on trimming with a good illustration.


This is five weeks after re-potting

In this next photo you'll see the tiny buds starting to form! I have a fondness for white phileanopsis orchids and I can't wait to update this post when it's in full bloom!


~Happy Planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment